Saturday, July 26, 2008

darkest nights

I still hear your voice, when you sleep next to me.
I still feel your touch in my dreams.
Forgive me my weakness, but I don't know why
Without you it's hard to survive.

'Cause everytime we touch, I get this feeling.
And everytime we kiss I swear I could fly.
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last.
Need you by my side.
'Cause everytime we touch, I feel this static.
And everytime we kiss, I reach for the sky.
Can't you hear my heart beat so...
I can't let you go.
Want you in my life.

Your arms are my castle, your heart is my sky.
They wipe away tears that I cry.
The good and the bad times, we've been through them all.
You make me rise when I fall.


'Cause everytime we touch, I get this feeling.
And everytime we kiss I swear I could fly.
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last.
Need you by my side.
'Cause everytime we touch, I feel this static.
And everytime we kiss, I reach for the sky.
Can't you hear my heart beat so...
I can't let you go.
Want you in my life.

'Cause everytime we touch, I get this feeling.
And everytime we kiss I swear I could fly.
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last.
Need you by my side.


with the radio in the middle of the room, it was a common voice all 11 of us would converge upon as darkness fell. it was the same voice that kept telling us it would be okay. it was the voice that told us home is not too far away. that voice kept us sane.
i can still remember my buddy's incessant obsession with this beautiful song that somehow caught our attention and very soon it became the song of the bunk. whenever it replays it brings back the good old memories that i can still piece together - of the bunk, of my buddies, of those days. those days where we would kiwi our boots all along the corridor, go crazy in the toilets, chat all night long - jumping and prodding on each other's beds, discuss about my buddy's dream girl (which incidentally caused the obsession with that song) and the many endless nights of talking. it somehow kept us alive and sane.
they were also the darkest nights.
the nights i realised how important home was.
the nights i realised how to overcome the darkness.
the nights i realised how much help one needs when he's down.
in those nights where darkness descended upon us with the eerie silence ringing throughout, we laid on our beds looking up in the ceiling. bed by bed, through silence, our hearts were singing as one. we just hoped.
it were those nights that live on.

No comments: